Thursday, October 7, 2010
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Since the debut of Google Voice, our early users have shared lots of feedback that has led to some exciting new features, like the ability to receive SMS messages via email and the option to change your Google Voice number. But one of the most frequent requests we've received is for the ability to share Google Voice with friends and family.
Starting today, we're beginning to give out invitations to Google Voice users. If you currently use Google Voice, over the next few weeks, you'll see an 'Invite a friend' link appear on the left-hand side of your inbox.
We'll be rolling out these invitations gradually, so don't worry if you don't see your invitations immediately. We're initially giving out three invites to each account, but we're planning to provide more invitations in the future.
If you don't have an account yet, you can request a Google Voice invitation at google.com/voiceinvite.
Posted by Craig Walker and Vincent Paquet, Product Managers, Google Voice
Friday, October 9, 2009
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, and 5.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team. CVE-2009-2964"
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Be forewarned: I just installed the latest udev update onto two of my CentOS 4 servers and it caused a kernel panic. After resetting the servers, they have come up fine. I am still researching as to what caused the problem.
UPDATE: I believe the problem was caused by an outdated kernel. We were running 2.6.9.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Today I ran yum update on my mail server and noticed that the ClamAV packages were set to be upgraded. Trusting rpmforge’s packages as I do, I ran the updates and attempted to restart clamd and clamav-milter services. This is where my problems began. When attempted to start clamd I received the error:
ERROR: LogFile requires full path.
When I reviewed the clamd.conf file the LogFile line read:
I’ve never seen the unix: prefix in a path before so I removed it. When I did clamd started right up. Then I looked that messages logfile and saw the following line:
clamav-milter: No clamd server appears to be available
I looked in the clamd.log file and saw that is was set to LocalSocket /tmp/clamd.socket, but the clamav-milter.conf was looking for clamd’s socket at unix:/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock. So I changed the ClamdSocket line to unix:/tmp/clamd.socket (to match clamd.conf) and restarted clamav-milter. Then the error messages went away.
Apparently the 0.95.1 version also turns off the X-Virus-Scanned headers as well. I turned that back on in the clamav-milter.conf file.
Apparently there was a major architectural change in ClamAV 0.95.
UPDATE: A new set of packages was released this week. I don’t know if they fix the problem, but I suspect they caught their mistake.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Update Tuesday came and went this week with a few updates, but a vulnerability has been exposed for Internet Explorer versions 6-8 on Windows XP, 2003, Vista, and even 2008. Microsoft has decided to release and out-of-band security update for this vulnerability due to its critical nature. Unfortunately this zero-day exploit has not fix yet from Microsoft. The update is expected to be released sometime today. Be sure to sync up your WSUS servers after the exploit has been released.